24 July, 2011

Computer File Clutter



Have you noticed how cluttered your computer files may be? Mine are an awful mess and while technically they are “virtual” and not out in the room for all to see, they are bothersome. 

This summer I have been trying to clean things up a bit in the virtual world. Currently I am working on my iTunes collection. It is a big task! I have thousands of songs and many are duplicates. Some of the folders of albums contain lower case spelling or all upper case spelling. Some have weird underscores or abbreviations.

Recently I purchased an external 1-terabyte hard drive to hold all my media files. The amount of media files is outgrowing my internal drive. With a recent purchase of AppleTV, this fact has become readily apparent as I continue downloading TV shows and movies. I am not sure why, but many of my media files will not transfer to the external drive in one bulk transfer. I now have to find the folders that did not transfer and individually transfer them. It is enough to make one go mad!

Once this phase is finished, the next phase is to rip all my CD's into iTunes so that I may part with my CD collection. Less clutter! 

I am determined to finish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment